Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Live Like Jesus

By: William Schneider


James 1:22
Romans 8:29
Exodus 20:1-17
Matthew 22:36-40

"I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."               ~Mahatma Gandhi

As I am reading though the New Testament, I am paying close attention to how we are told to live our everyday lives. My findings have been a bit chagrining. The way we are told to live by our peers, our culture and our church differ greatly from the words of Jesus and all the God inspired authors.

We need not to make excuses for our actions or lack thereof. Live out the words of the Bible. Be a "Radical Christian," live your life exactly how Jesus says to in the Bible. Your own church and friends may think you are crazy by doing so because living the way we are supposed to is far from normal or acceptable in this age. It is not what others think about your way of living that matters, it’s all about doing it in the right heart for God.

The God of the Universe knew what He was saying when He had the authors write these commands down.      Listen to God's Commands!

A verse comes to mind, its James 1:22, "Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says."

Point to Ponder: How am I at "doing" what the Bible says? Is my life mimicking the life Jesus lived?

No comments:

Post a Comment